HTE MediaNet 2013
October 3-4, 2013
Velence Resort & Spa, Velence, Hungary
The HTE MediaNet 2013 conference organized by the Scientific Association for Infocommunications Hungary (HTE) will take place in Velence, Hungary. This conference as the renewal of the former successful TV-conferences traditionally organized biannually (thus being the thirteenth of the HTE media conferences) will be a prominent media technological event of the national infocommunication community and a widely recognized scientific forum. The participants are executives of firms, R+D project leaders and top decision makers active in this field.
The conference addresses the status and consequences of digital switchover, , the media technological aspects of current governmental programs, issues of net neutrality, the possibilities of regional/areal digital switchover and further actual technical, market and regulatory issues stemming from the synergies of the fields of telecommunications, informatics and media. MediaNet aims at providing insight into the changes of media technology and infocommunications market. It offers forum to publish novel technical solutions, innovative network-, service- and application development ideas, a forum to exchange of experiences, to foster cooperation and to establish personal and direct contact among participants.
Our event of 2013 will particularly address the issues of digital switchover and the exploitation of the digital dividend, as well as the associated major media technology projects in progress. . We take special care that the participants should be informed on the appealing professional and policy-related aspects of the above topics by the most reliable sources, the best specialists and the leaders of the projects working in the respective areas. Special panel discussions will be organized to support the highlighted topics of the conference.
Our program has special emphasis on the actual issues of the infocommunications and media regulation in the interpretation of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority, Hungary.
The conference is one and half-day long, where besides the invited speakers, the professionals answering the present call for participation and confirmed by the program committee will also present their topics.
Date of the conference: 3-4 October, 2013. (Thursday-Friday).
Venue: Velence, Hungary, Velence Resort & Spa http://www.velencespa.com
The detailed program and information on participation fee will be available on the webpage of the conference: http://www.hte.hu/medianet2013
We accept proposals for presentation in line with the topic of the conference, especially those that fall in the key areas enumerated below.
- Technical topics and policy
- Long term governmental program – Infocommunications strategy
- Digital switchover: status, consequences, experiences of first partial switchoff
- Market players' and regulator's view on net neutrality
- Exploitation of the digital dividend and the white spaces
- Local television switchover – does the digital switchover kill the local television market?
- Modern broadcasting devices
- recording devices,
- modern displays (OLED)
- HD, enhanced quality, 4K, 3D broadcasting (technology, content and production)
- Infrastructure-less independent services: Over The Top techniques, new platforms
- Production and distribution of linear and non-linear content
- Broadband networks of the future, new technologies
- Content delivery networks (CDN) – operator's experiences
- Relations between Intellectual Property Rights and new content development technologies
- Multiscreen and mobile technologies – changes in media consumption
- Internet TV, Smart TV
- Interactive TV – is the social media a marketing tool to enhance mediaconsumption?
We are looking forward to meet you at the HTE MediaNet 2013 Conference!
| Gábor Magyar |
President of the Conference
| Zalán Heszberger |
President of Program Committee
Mrs. Mária Tézsla
Scientific Association for Infocommunications
phone: +36 1 353-1027